Term of Use
Use of Our Website and Social Accounts
The website and our Social Accounts are only intended for access and use by users located within Canada.
Access and use of our website or Social Accounts may be subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications. Square Solar is not responsible for any delays, delivery failures, or other damage resulting from such problems, or from the unavailability of the website or our Social Accounts for any reason.
Trademark and Copyright Information
The brand names, slogans, characters, and other trademarks, all Square Solar*s products and promotions belong exclusively to Square Solar and/or its affiliates, and are protected from copying and simulation under national and international trademark and copyright laws and treaties throughout the world.
Our website contains content including, but not limited to, all text, audio, images, and other materials or elements (collectively the "Content”). The content displayed on or through our website is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws, and international conventions. Any reproduction, modification, creation of derivative works from or redistribution of our website or the collective work, and/or copying or reproducing our website or any portion thereof to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is prohibited without the express written consent of Square Solar.
You further agree not to reproduce, duplicate or copy content from our website without the express written consent of Kellogg, and agree to abide by any and all copyright notices displayed on our website.
You may not decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in our website. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any aspect of our website.
Although Kellogg does not claim ownership of content that its user's post, by posting content to any area of our website or our Social Accounts that is accessible to other users, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Square Solar an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, publish, make available, communicate to the public by telecommunication and distribute said content, and create compilations and derivative works from such content, as part of our website, Social Accounts or otherwise.
To the extent that our website or Social Accounts permits you to post, email, or otherwise make available content, you agree not to post, email or otherwise make available content that:
1. violates any law, regulation, industry code or policies;
2. includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent (and, if he/she is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian’s explicit consent);
3. impersonates any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Square Solar employee, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents an affiliation with a person or entity;
4. infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other rights of any person, or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
5. is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic;
6. harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
7. constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation, or that includes links to commercial services or websites;
8. contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
9. includes claims or representations that are false, misleading, disparaging or otherwise inappropriate;
10. includes a testimonial or endorsement, unless such testimonial or endorsement represents your true and honest opinions and actual experiences;
11. disrupts the normal use of our website or Social Accounts with an excessive amount of content, or that otherwise negatively affects other users’ ability to use our website; or
12. employs misleading email addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through our website.
You will be solely responsible and liable for any and all loss, damage, and additional costs that you, Square Solar or any other person may incur as a result of your submission of any information on or through this website or any content you post on our Social Accounts.
If any content posted on Square Solar’s website or on our Social Accounts (without limiting any opportunity you may have to provide notice in compliance with applicable social media platform’s policies) infringes on your copyright, please notify our designated agent as follows:
• by mail at Square Solar Canada Inc., 5350 Creekbank Rd., Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 5S1; or
• by email, using the email mechanism on the Contact Us page here
Square Solar investigates notices of alleged infringement and takes appropriate actions under applicable law.
Your notice of claimed infringement must include: (a) physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner of authorized agent; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and that is to be removed from the website or Social Account, as well as information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the copyright owner, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address; (e) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or applicable law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. Claimants who make misrepresentations concerning copyright infringement may be liable for damages incurred as a result of the removal or blocking of the material, court costs, and lawyer’s fees.
As a registered user, you agree to maintain and promptly update your registration data as necessary to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
You will be responsible for any and all loss, damage, or additional costs that we and/or our service providers or others may incur as a result of your submission of any false, incorrect or incomplete information or your failure to update your registration or other information that you submit via our website.
You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password, and that you (and not us) will be responsible for any loss resulting from any unauthorized use of your account or access to your content. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account.
Professional Information Disclaimer
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THIS WEBSITE (INCLUDING ITS CONTENT) AND CONTENT WE POST ON OUR SOCIAL ACCOUNTS IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS” AND "AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Square Solar does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the Content or any content posted or otherwise made available on our Social Accounts. To the maximum extent permitted pursuant to applicable law, Square Solar and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, agents, service providers, shall not be liable for any (i) direct damages in excess of CDN$100; or (ii) special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of the Content, this website, our Social Accounts or any content posted or otherwise made available on our Social Accounts. Square Solar may make changes to this website, its Social Accounts or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. Square Solar makes no commitment to update the information contained herein.
All offers made by us on our website or our Social Accounts are void where prohibited, and are subject to posted rules pertaining to such offers.
If you submit ideas, drawings, recipes, suggestions, comments, or similar information to Square Solar, whether through our website, our Social Accounts or otherwise, you do so with no expectation of confidentiality and with no expectation that you have any proprietary interest in the content of your submissions.
You agree that the content of your submissions will immediately become the property of Square Solar. You also recognize that your submissions may be used or developed by or on behalf of Square Solar or its affiliates without any obligation to you.